“We’re not just dentists anymore; we’re more like artists who happen to work on teeth.” – Dr. Brad Durham DMD.
Recently Dr. Brad Durham was featured in New Beauty magazine where he discussed the personalize care and Beyond Exceptional Dentistry.
Southern charm and understated elegance infuse Dr. Brad Durham’s cosmetic dentistry practice, overlooking a historic Savannah courtyard. The traditional sounds, smells, and equipment of a typical dental office are nowhere to be found – even the treatment chairs are designed as massage couches.
Here, the stage is set for a practice that combines art, science, and technology with personalized care. Dr. Durham says his practice provides a much higher level of service to a smaller group of people. “Our practice is distinctive because of the amount of time we spend educating and developing one-on-one relationships.” Case in point: Separate patient-doctor “relationship areas,” with two chairs and a conference table, are integrated into each treatment room. “Our niche is cosmetics, TMJ, and complex dentistry. We like to be challenged,” Dr. Durham points out.
Since starting his practice in 1982, Dr. Durham has completed thousands of hours in continuing education, with an emphasis on head, neck and facial pain treatment for dental patients. He is a consultant, author and researcher, as well as a graduate of and instructor at the Las Vegas Institute of Advanced Dental Studies (LVI). In fact, Dr. Durham devised his own LVI course, “Achieving the Niche Dental Practice,” which the institute schedules several times a year.
- CHAIRSIDE STYLE – Personalized and Comfortable
- WHY DID YOU BECOME A COSMETIC DENTIST? It’s a challenge to make someone look better and to change his or her life.
- FAVORITE PART OF YOUR JOB – Showing patients their new smile.
- BEST ADVICE YOU’VE RECEIVED – Don’t try to be all things to all people.
- WHAT FASCINATES YOU MOST ABOUT THE HUMAN BODY? How simple and how complex it is at the same time.
- HOBBIES – I enjoy spending time with my family on our boat.
- I START EACH DAY – By enjoying coming to work. It’s a great way to spend your life.